The National Catholic Men’s Gathering (NCMG) encourages participants to gather together where possible, to share experiences and wisdom in their reflections of being Catholic men in today’s world. In 2021 many Bishops are hosting diocesan or regional gatherings of men to which you are encouraged to attend.
All those coordinating sites where participants can gather are asked to register their site and agree to the responsibilities below.
Although a coordinator is required for registering a Hosting Site, the NCMG strongly encourages a team be gathered to share responsibilities and support all aspects of the experience.
REGISTER TO HOST
By registering a Hosting Site and identifying as its coordinator, for the National Catholic Men’s Gathering (NCMG) an initiative of the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference (ACBC), I understand and agree to the following:
Hosting Site Requirements:
- I have the permission of the site owner to use the site for this public gathering. I will meet all requirements as set by the venue and hosting Catholic diocese for gathering (eg. WHS or OHS, food service, risk management and diocesan policies).
- I will meet location and state requirements for COVID-19 safety including social distancing, provision of sanitiser and participant record keeping.
- I will not collect unnecessary personal details from site participants, nor use details inappropriately, storing records appropriately.
- I will work to ensure the comprehensive safety of site participants at all times (eg. physical, emotional, mental and spiritual safety).
- I understand local Hosting Sites (online or venues) are not facilitated by or the responsibility of the ACBC.
- I indemnify and release the ACBC and their officers, employees, volunteers and agents against claims and losses of any kind arising out of or in connection with my coordination or a local Hosting Site.
- I understand the inclusion of any minors (those under the age of 18) at my site requires a Safeguarding Plan including Working with Children Checks of all site leaders and volunteers (source diocesan safeguarding procedures).
- I will review and be guided by the NCMG Hosting Site Guidelines and act with Christian values and intention to provide the best experience for participants at the site.
I understand and give consent for:
- my image to be used by the ACBC for the promotion and associated purposes of the NCMG.
- my details to be shared where necessary to facilitate the event, including, but not limited to, promoting site details and contact information online and to Catholic diocesan staff.
- receiving ongoing communications from the ACBC and I understand I can amend my subscription preferences at any stage.
- the ACBC to remove my Hosting Site from its promotion at any time without notice.